Just a minor update but worth a few lines and some pictures. Already some weeks ago I received a few packs of lure parts from a friend in Japan. He kindly took care of my order placed at a popular Japanese parts shop. I came across various products by this manufacturer at topwater shops during my trips to Japan, so ordered parts should be just perfect or what I have in mind.
Initially I thought about equipping little “Robin” with two double hooks, but now that I got a better feeling for the actual size and shape, I decided to drop the rear hook and add some “Bling-Bling” instead. I think it would be nice if the little bird get’s a tail that supports it’s action and adds some additional visual appeal.
I came up with a few more ideas, but these have to wait until I know more about the lure’s action and movement. Still a lot of work left until I will be able to do some first field-tests. Unfortunately I had to realize that the improvised workshop in our shared basement is inappropriate for further carving and sanding sessions. Need to find a solution for that too…
These blog entries might also be of interest for you.